Nine new IOC Members elected at IOC Session in Buenos Aires
Nine new IOC Members were elected today at the IOC Session in Buenos Aires.
William Frederick Blick, President of the Ugandan Olympic Committee and HRH Prince Jigyel Ugyen Wangchuck President of the Bhutanese Olympic Committee were elected as Members linked to their NOC function.
In addition, five new individual Members were elected, with four of them holding senior positions within NOCs.
- Daina Gudzineviciute (Lithuania), President of the Lithuanian Olympic Committee and five-time Olympian.
- Felicite Rwemarika (Rwanda), First Vice-President of the Rwandan Olympic Committee.
- Camilo Pérez López Moreira (Paraguay), President of the Paraguayan Olympic Committee.
- Giovanni Malagò (Italy), President of the Italian Olympic Committee – effective from 1 January 2019.
- Samira Asghari (Afghanistan), member of the Athletes’ Entourage Commission since 2014.
Morinari Watanabe, President of the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) and Andrew Parsons (Brazil), President of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) were elected as Members linked to their International Federation function.
President of the Jordan National Olympic Committee HRH Prince Feisal Al Hussein, Chairman of the Qatar Olympic Committee HH Amir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani-elected and International Triathlon Union President Marisol Casado were re-elected as Members.
IOC Member Mr Sergey Bubka (membership linked to his function as President of the NOC of Ukraine) had his status changed from Member representing a NOC to Individual Member